Last year I committed to updating our school’s Book Room. Back then the “Book Room” was housed in a very small space in the school. The Book Room housed all of our guided reading materials and teacher mentor texts. I knew that this was a great space that had the potential to be even greater.
Here are 5 steps I used that helped to move my project along in the right direction:
- Survey your staff. – I used this GoogleForms as my survey.
- Create a timeline – Having a plan helped keep me on track.
- Be organized! – As is with most projects it is critical to stay organized!
- Communicate Often – I sent out regular emails to keep staff informed of the progress being made.
- Celebrate! – The best part of completing a long-term project is to share out all the efforts made!
Nice job. Congratulations on creating a welcoming and well organized space. I love your inclusion of a Pete the Cat quote. He will bring a smile to even the most tired teacher!
LikeLiked by 1 person